Hello! I'm Alex Barboza and a visual development artist with a background in 3D computer animation. I graduated from Ringling College of Art + Design with a BFA in Computer Animation. I’m currently represented by Lemonade Illustration Agency.
I'm available for freelance and am always looking for fun new projects!
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. For literary illustration inquiries please email email@example.com.
RINGLING COLLEGE OF ART + DESIGN – Sarasota, FL
Computer Animation Major – B.F.A. May 2017
· Work showcased at Best of Ringling 2016
ECHO BRIDGE PICTURES, (Nov 2018 – Present)
· Creates turnarounds and designs for props and characters.
· Design & paint backgrounds.
· Works efficiently off-site to meet deadlines.
LEMONADE ILLUSTRATION AGENCY, (Oct 2018 – Present)
· Paints illustrations to match client’s vision for their books.
Freelance Background Painter & Prop Artist
SPACESHARKS, directed by Stefan Schumacher; Los Angeles, California (May 2018 – Aug 2018)
· Designed props based off of sketches for a short animated film.
· Painted backgrounds and finalized layouts.
CROSSROADS STATION, Gainesville, FL (Apr 2017 – Present)
· Designs full-sized posters based off scripts for an audio drama podcast.
· Creates stickers and other media for merchandise.
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS ORLANDO, MARKETING & INTEGRATED MEDIA, Orlando, FL (May – Aug 2016)
· Illustrated new guest experiences as they relate to the parks for team alignment and on-site vision.
· Assisted in the design of new digital aspects and assembled presentations that graphically showcase theme park initiates and emerging experiences.
ART & TECHNICAL SKILLS
· Computer: Proficient in Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Nuke, Renderman, 3D Coat and ZBrush. Knowledgeable in Unity.
· Language: Fluent in Spanish.
Very knowledgeable in Harry Potter trivia, loves drawing marine life and taking her cat on walks.